About Me

My photo
Passing through my third-life crisis peacefully in South London, finding out new stuff, and then getting cross and excited about it.

Saturday, 28 November 2009

Everything it's cracked up to be

As someone who frequently cracks their knuckles and gets told off for it, this is the best news story I've heard all year.

Not only does it show the lengths that men will go to prove the women in their lives are wrong, it also captures the dedication, patience and sheer eccentricity of some scientists. I love the way the article takes it seriously enough to talk about repeatability and potential for blinding.

I have also heard a lovely quote attributed to Unger, who is reputed to have said: "I suppose it does sound a bit strange now I come to tell someone about it."

Genius, and well worth the Ig Nobel.

No comments:

Post a Comment

There was an error in this gadget